Title: Advancement Information and Research Manager
Supervisor’s Title: Chief Advancement Officer
About The College of Physicians of Philadelphia
Founded in 1787, The College of Physicians of Philadelphia is one of the oldest professional medical organizations in the country and home to: the Mütter Museum, the Historical Medical Library, HistoryofVaccines.org, a dynamic Center for Education, over 70 yearly public events, and a busy facilities rental calendar. More than 188,000 guests visit us annually and we are extremely proud of our mission to advance the cause of health while upholding the ideals and heritage of medicine.
Functions of the Information and Research Manager
Working closely with the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) and the entire eight-person Advancement team, the Advancement Information and Research Manager supports the smooth functioning of the College’s extremely important fundraising and communications goals. The Information and Research Manager is an integral part of the Advancement staff and is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of the donor database. This individual is also responsible for all prospect research and prospect management functions of the office; including the creation of detailed research profiles, informative event briefings, and proactive screenings.
Training, Skills and Experience Guidelines
The Information and Research Manager must have meticulous attention to detail, must be able to juggle multiple tasks, and should strive to be a step ahead in anticipating the goals of the department and the needs of individual team members. Further, this individual should be a curious person and a self-starter. A passion for the College’s mission, history, programs, and the cultural life of Philadelphia is a huge plus.
The Information and Research Manager should have:
- Experience with fundraising management software or customer relationship management software, specifically the Raiser’s Edge.
- Experience with wealth analytics software or donor research software, such as iWave PRO, Research Point, or Donor Search.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and interact professionally with College staff and donors.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to create informative research reports and briefings.
- Day to day maintenance and upkeep of the Raiser’s Edge donor database, email marketing mailing list, and prospect management pipeline.
- Responsible for identification and evaluation of individual prospects using internal and external research sources.
- Support Advancement staff and front line fundraisers with research materials including detailed research profiles and event briefings.
- Prepare targeted and segmented mailing lists for communications staff for marketing and public relations purposes.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports for Advancement staff, the Executive office, the Advancement Committee, the Board of Trustees, and more.
- Coordinate the successful application procedures for new members and ensure the smooth operation of biannual meetings of the Admissions Committee.
- Prepare and distribute annual dues invoices and reminders for membership.
- Other projects as assigned.
This is a full-time position that receives a competitive non-profit salary with a generous benefits package.
Please email cover letter, resume, and desired salary range to: email@example.com. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled.