The Delaware Valley Medical Student Wellness Collaborative is a consortium of student affairs and counseling professionals from the seven medical colleges* in the Delaware Valley region promoting the emotional wellbeing and resiliency of medical students, and proactively addressing the stressors and challenges inherent in an undergraduate medical education through wellness programming, awareness campaigns, resource sharing, education innovations, and social opportunities open to all medical students of the Consortium.
The Collaborative strives to:
- educate students about mental health and available resources
- reduce stigma associated with help-seeking and mental illness
- provide cross-campus social opportunities and social support in an effort to enhance connection, a sense of community, and overall wellbeing
- inspire, empower, as well as to be a model to students in developing healthy life choices and resiliency that will serve them during medical school and beyond
*The Collaborative Includes Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine, Temple University School of Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University Sidney Kimmel Medical College, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine; with the support of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia.
The Elephant in the Room - Raising Awareness of Mental Health in the Medical Community
Elephant in the Room Poster Contest 2017
Thank you to all those who submitted an entry in the poster contest. It was clear that each student put a lot of thought and care into creating each image, and should be commended for taking the time to promote a message of positive mental health for medical students.
Congratulations: Nga Ying Eng
We'd like to congratulate Nga Ying Eng from Drexel University College of Medicine for the winning poster submission.
Inaugural Mütter Mixer
The first event of the DVMSWC was a huge success with over 450 in attendance. If you are a medical student who attended this event, please be sure to give us feedback by filling out this anonymous survey.
Please contact your school’s representative with any questions:
- Cooper Medical School of Rowan University: Brittany Gottsch firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drexel University College of Medicine: Karen Shulik, email@example.com
- Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University: Dianne Butera, MSW firstname.lastname@example.org
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine: Ruth Conboy, LPC, NCC, DNP email@example.com
- Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine: Dean Micciche, MPA firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thomas Jefferson University Sidney Kimmel Medical College: Rose Milani email@example.com
- University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine: Benoit Dubé, MD firstname.lastname@example.org