OUR BUILDING IS A SYMBOL OF THE COLLEGE’S COMMITMENT TO ADVANCING THE CAUSE OF HEALTH WHILE UPHOLDING THE IDEALS AND HERITAGE OF MEDICINE
The College of Physicians’ National Historic Landmark building has served the needs of this institution for 110 years. Because our visitor numbers now equal those of institutions with gallery spaces nearly twice our size, it can be challenging to see everything on display.
How can we create new space where the Library and the Museum can work together to enhance understanding of the history and future of medicine? How can we create the environment where the public, students, and researchers can learn from and interact with the entire collection?
Click on the thumbnails below to see more of our dramatic plan for expansion!
The transformation and preservation of our historic landmark space includes:
• Nearly double the size of the Mütter Museum
• Create a new Rare Book Exhibition Gallery √
• Add new exhibitions and display more of our collection
• Add more interactive engagement opportunities for visitors
• Redistribute items already on display to ensure better visibility