"The most important thing that you can do to maintain good physical and mental health and to assure yourself of equal opportunity in the future is to stay in school and get an education."
-- Statement from the Section on Public Health and Preventive Medicine, The College of Physicians of Philadelphia
Some Important Facts for Teen Health Week 2019!
About TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠:
Established in 2016 as a joint program of the Center for Education of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia, Real Talk with Dr. Offutt, and the Pennsylvania Department of Public Health, TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠ is a global initiative to raise awareness of the unique health issues facing teens all over the world. Through a wide variety of local, state, national, and international programs and activities, TEEN HEALTH WEEK ℠ encourages teens to take charge of their physical and mental health to facilitate healthy habits they will carry with them throughout their lives.
What originally started in Pennsylvania as a statewide health initiative expanded to a global program, with participating events and activities in 37 countries on 6 continents!
TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠: April 6-12, 2020
MARK YOUR CALENDARS! TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠ 2020 will take place April 6-12, 2019. Each day will focus on a specific theme related to teen health:
• Monday, April 6: Gender and Sexual Development
• Tuesday, April 7: Nutrition and Oral Health
• Wednesday, April 8: Preventive Care and Vaccines
• Thursday, April 9: Violence and Mental Health
• Friday, April 10: Substance Use and Misuse
• Saturday, April 11: Community-Specific Teen Health
• Sunday, April 12: Community-Specific Teen Health
(April 11 and 12 are open for individual organizations to focus on other themes relevant to their audiences and communities.)
Stay Informed on TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠
Interested in learning more about TEEN HEALTH WEEK ℠? Contact us: email@example.com
View this post on Instagram
Our Center for Education teens got all their sexual education at our #CondomsandCandies #teenhealthweek2019 event! Check out teenhealthweek.org for more information on our main event on April 5th #globalinitiative #mintgreenrocks #sexualhealth #supportglobal #teenhealthweek2019 #safesex #protectyourself #GYT
How You Can Get Involved
Looking for ways to promote TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠ but don't know where to start? There are many ways for individuals and organizations to get involved. Here are just a few examples:
• Use the week to leverage relevant aspects of your organization’s mission.
• Share educational materials relevant to each day’s theme; check our Resources page
for more information.
• Facilitate educational events through student clubs, public health organizations,
medical practices; youth-focused groups.
• Honor youth, professionals, and organizations who actively promote adolescent
• Publish relevant articles / letters in local and regional press. For examples of past
articles, see our THW in the News page.
• Use social media to share relevant health messages and information, using the
• Promote the use of TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠ colors for materials and spirit wear. Mint
green is the color of TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠.
• Ask community buildings/bridges to use mint green event lighting.
• Ask regional/state/county governments to observe the week with a
Resolution/Proclamation (Here is an example from the American Medical Association)
Host a TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠ Event!
Organizations interested in hosting a TEEN HEALTH WEEK ℠ event can fill out the survey below:
TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠ Endorsements:
TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠ has been endorsed by the following organizations:
• American Medical Association
• Center for Public Health and Preventive Medicine, The College of Physicians of
• City of Philadelphia