"The most important thing that you can do to maintain good physical and mental health and to assure yourself of equal opportunity in the future is to stay in school and get an education."
-- Statement from the Section on Public Health and Preventive Medicine, The College of Physicians of Philadelphia
Teen Health Week 2019
About TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠:
Established in 2016 as a joint program of the Center for Education of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia, Real Talk with Dr. Offutt, and the Pennsylvania Department of Public Health, TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠ is a global initiative to raise awareness of the unique health issues facing teens all over the world. Through a wide variety of local, state, national, and international programs and activities, TEEN HEALTH WEEK ℠ encourages teens to take charge of their physical and mental health to facilitate healthy habits they will carry with them throughout their lives.
What originally started in Pennsylvania as a statewide health initiative expanded to a global program, with participating events and activities in 37 countries on 6 continents!
TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠: April 1-7, 2019
Mark your calendars! TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠ will take place April 1-7, 2019. Each day will focus on a specific theme related to teen health. The themes for TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠ will be:
• Monday, April 1: Gender and Sexual Development
• Tuesday, April 2: Nutrition and Oral Health
• Wednesday, April 3: Preventive Care and Vaccines
• Thursday, April 4: Violence and Mental Health
• Friday, April 5: Substance Use and Misuse
• Saturday, April 6: Community-Specific Teen Health
• Sunday, April 7: Community-Specific Teen Health
(April 6 and 7 are open for individual organizations to focus on other themes relevant to their audiences and communities.)
TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠: The Gauntlet - April 5, 2019
TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠: THE GAUNTLET
@ The College of Physicians of Philadelphia (19 South 22nd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103)
Friday, April 5, 2019
Mark your calendar for our annual TEEN HEALTH WEEK ℠ celebration. This FREE event brings together local teen health organizations and experts who will inform you about ways to stay healthy and foster healthy habits that will benefit you for years to come!
This year's festivities have an exciting twist: register you and your friends in a team to compete in teen health challenges. Lucky conestants will take on the ultimate TEEN HEALTH WEEK ℠ challenge: The Gauntlet! Do you have what it takes to be a true Teen Health champion?
Show your support for TEEN HEALTH WEEK ℠. Learn about our 2019 themes. Most important: free food and fabulous prizes.
The event is free to teens CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Stay Informed on TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠
Interested in learning more about TEEN HEALTH WEEK ℠? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
View this post on Instagram
Our Center for Education teens got all their sexual education at our #CondomsandCandies #teenhealthweek2019 event! Check out teenhealthweek.org for more information on our main event on April 5th #globalinitiative #mintgreenrocks #sexualhealth #supportglobal #teenhealthweek2019 #safesex #protectyourself #GYT
How You Can Get Involved
Looking for ways to promote TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠ but don't know where to start? There are many ways for individuals and organizations to get involved. Here are just a few examples:
• Use the week to leverage relevant aspects of your organization’s mission.
• Buy an official TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠ t-shirt and encourage friends/colleagues to do
• Share educational materials relevant to each day’s theme; check our Resources page
for more information.
• Facilitate educational events through student clubs, public health organizations,
medical practices; youth-focused groups.
• Honor youth, professionals, and organizations who actively promote adolescent health.
• Publish relevant articles / letters in local and regional press. For examples of past
articles, see our THW in the News page.
• Use social media to share relevant health messages and information, using the
hashtags #TeenHealthWeek and #TeenHealthWeek2019.
• Promote the use of TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠ colors for materials and spirit wear. Mint
green is the color of TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠.
• Ask community buildings/bridges to use mint green event lighting.
• Ask regional/state/county governments to observe the week with a
Resolution/Proclamation (Here is an example from the American Medical Association)
Host a TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠ Event!
Organizations interested in hosting a TEEN HEALTH WEEK ℠ event can fill out the survey below:
TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠ Endorsements:
TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠ has been endorsed by the following organizations:
• American Medical Association
• Center for Public Health and Preventive Medicine, The College of Physicians of
• City of Philadelphia