You can stay involved in Teen Health Week℠ all year round by following the Mütter Museum's Instagram, @MutterMuseum and the official Teen Health Week℠ Instagram, @TeenHealthWeek.
About TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠:
Established in 2016 as a joint program of the Center for Education of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia, Real Talk with Dr. Offutt, and the Pennsylvania Department of Public Health, TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠ is a Philadelphia-based initiative to raise awareness of the unique health issues facing teens all over the world. Through a wide variety of local, state, national, and international programs and activities, TEEN HEALTH WEEK ℠ encourages teens to take charge of their physical and mental health to facilitate healthy habits they will carry with them throughout their lives.
TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠: April 5-11, 2021
TEEN HEALTH WEEK℠ 2021 was April 5-11, 2021. Each day focused on a specific theme related to teen health:
• Monday, April 5: Gender and Sexual Development
• Tuesday, April 6: Nutrition and Oral Health
• Wednesday, April 7: Preventive Care and Vaccines
• Thursday, April 8: Violence and Mental Health
• Friday, April 9: Substance Use and Misuse
• Saturday, April 10: Community-Specific Teen Health
• Sunday, April 11: Community-Specific Teen Health
(April 10 and 11 were open for individual organizations to focus on other themes relevant to their audiences and communities.)
We will also promoted the themes of National Public Health Week and how they impact teen health. The themes of National Public Health Week are: